Shade Cloak is one of the best abilities in all of Hollow Knight. The Shade Cloak allows the little knight to dash through enemies and Shade Gates. It is a late game upgrade to the Mothwing Cloak (Dash) ability and requires a lot of upgrades to find.
Shade Cloak is Required in order to the “Good” endings in Hollow Knight. There is a Shade Gate blocking one of two halves of a special charm.
Where to find Shade Cloak in Hollow Knight:
- Start at the King’s Station or Hidden Station and make your way down into The Abyss:
- The Ancient Basin will be locked behind a door that requires the King’s Brand. If you do not have this item click here
- Drop to the bottom of the Abyss and head to the right. You will come to a tall building and will need to platform to the top. Once there hit the switch to turn on the lighthouse.
- Drop back down to the bottom and cross the lake of void
- Follow the path up and around until you find a statue. Jump into the pot overflowing with void which is the trigger to getting you the Shade Cloak.
What is next?
Now that you have the Shade Cloak you can work towards getting the “Good” endings in Hollow Knight. There is a Shade Gate blocking the entrance to one half of the Kingsoul Charm. The King’s Soul Charm is required to enter a locked area in the Abyss. For more information on how to find all of this click here.