The Fog Canyon Map was one of the hardest ones to get in all of Hollow Knight. There is a room in Fog Canyon where we can hear Cornifer but how do we actually get to him? There are two different ways into the room that will require different abilities.
Monarch Wings (double jump) makes things easier but not required
How to get Fog Canyon Map with Shade Cloak
- Start from the Queens station and head up and to the left.
- Follow the map until you get to the room with Cornifer. You will hear his hum and see maps on the ground.
- Here you will need the Shade Cloak ability to get through the Shade Gate and then up to Cornifer. If you do not have the Shade Cloak Ability click here
How to get Fog Canyon Map with Isma’s Tear
- Start from the Fungal Wastes Leg Eater NPC who sells the fragile charms.
- From the Leg Eater, head to the left where you will need Isma’s tear to progress
- Continue to climb up in the next room using a down strike on the purple mushrooms
- Come out on the other side of the room the Cornifer is located in. Note: It is much easier to reach Cornifer with Monarch Wings aka Double Jump. Without Monarch wings you will have to do some tricky pogo jumps of enemies
The Fog Canyon map is tough to reach because it was designed that way. The developers, Team Cherry, described the Fog Canyon as being a mysterious place that is hard to navigate. I believe they wanted it to be a bit more confusing and harder to navigate.
I hope this guide helped!