Descending Dark is an awesome spell that deals a ton of damage and grants .4 seconds of invincibility frames meaning the little knight will not take damage. This is super helpful when fighting some of the harder bosses in Hollow Knight. Descending Dark is an upgrade to the Desolate Dive spell.
- Desolate Dive Spell
- Crystal Heart
- Lumafly Lantern purchased from Sly in Dirtmouth for 1,800 geo
How to find Descending Dark:
- Make your way into the Crystal Peak. There are three ways in.
- From the lower bench, make your way up and over to the Crystallised Mound
- This will require both the Lumafly Lantern and Crystal Heart
- Once inside the Crystallized Mound, use Desolate Dive to break open the path
- Follow the platforms up and around to the Snail Shaman stuck in the Crystal and break it open
- Note there is a fork in the paths along the way. The left will take you to Descending Dark with the right will lead you to a grub.
Descending Dark will make it easier to beat some of the hardest bosses in the game. The increased damage and invincibility frames make it much easier to beat the final boss in the game as well as a lot of the tougher bosses located in the Pantheons